Saturday, October 15, 2005

Hoax Blog

Have you ever been to a cocktail party where some witty guy impresses the ladies that you're trying to impress with some joke that you yourself were just about to tell, but at the same time, after hearing his telling of the joke, you know deep down in your heart that he told the joke much better than you would've, so, while you're mumbling to yourself about having your punchline stolen, you at the same time have to silently say "Well played, old chap....well played" ? That's how I feel about the "Rev. James Jackson" and "his" hoax blog.

I wish I was clever enough to have thought of a hoax blog like Rev JJ's blog. But, while we're long on puckish Protestant pedantry here at PP, we're short on hoaxsterism. So, Rev JJ, he of the more-than-occasional spelling error and formally self-stultifying statement, is not me. But, I wish in this respect that he and I were but one and the same blogger. I can't do Photoshop, and I can't hoax well, unless people think that this site is itself a hoax to discredit classical evidential Protestantism!

Of course, if I was the hoaxster or part of the hoaxster conspiracy behind the Rev JJ blog, and if I still wanted to keep the yuks 'n' giggles coming in, I suppose it would only be natural to deny having anything to do with the hoax blog while churning out more Reformed Catholic Pentecostal posts. Guilty men often profess their innocence, do they not? Who comes right out and says "Yes, it is me...I did it?" And, I note that Rev JJ picks on Centuri0n, which, as far as pastimes go, is an objectively good pasttime, for Centuri0n, that dashing and hardheaded Baptist was, whether he knows it or not, placed in this world as my foil and assistant, to help me pretend I am somebody, much as Patsy used to clap coconuts together while King Arthur rode his imaginary pony in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Oh well, as surely as head-game playing chicks annoy me, as surely as my undies bundle when I see another internet Romanist argument made with triumphalistic flair, as surely as dear ol' Dave owns me in tennis, and, finally, as surely as I am pedantic, readers may rest assured that loyalties are not divided --- PP is a faithful sort o' guy, and he ain't no two-timer relative to hoax-blogging. In fact, rumor has it that his small number of brain cells --- he reportedly guards this small and precious lot with great care --- is already 100% spoken for here. PP is simply not versatile enough to work two blogs at once. He's like a crazy cat lady who never leaves the house, except he never leaves his blog....what a homebody!

7 Comments:

Blogger Theteak said...

I know it can't go on forever...It's just soooooo funny.

Monday, October 17, 2005 3:34:00 AM  
Blogger Pedantic Protestant said...

Wish I had thought of it! Boy, what a missed opportunity...he who hesitates is truly lost!

Monday, October 17, 2005 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger Frank Martens said...

true

Monday, October 17, 2005 2:31:00 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Are you not then the other rev? jackson james? The Moriarty as it were?

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 2:40:00 PM  
Blogger Pedantic Protestant said...

Alas, I'm not even that clever. I was too late to that party too!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 3:18:00 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

I did like the imposter thing, even if it was a little over the top. :-D

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 8:13:00 AM  
Blogger Pedantic Protestant said...

Yes, the hoax is brilliant. Every time I enjoy it, I am simultaneously saddened because it reminds me that *I* did not think of it.

Sigh....looks like I'll have to do more boring Romans posts in the future...

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home