Saturday, December 17, 2005

Der Kommissar's In Town

[For Dave and a few others primarily]

Big Boy was on fire the other night, going 6/7 from downtown, which would've been 7/8 from downtown had my toe not dragged the line. This puts me at over 50% from beyond the arc in full-court play for the month at my new health club.

Yes, I keep stats in my head. I'm a nerd. I'm athletic --- but still about as nerdy as you can get. At least I don't keep files on some Excel spreadsheet like my knee-braced 6'5" arch-nemesis "Big Tom" back in the Midwest who holds a 45-2 lifetime record against me in HORSE.

The >50% three-point percentage won't last, obviously. But it's fun to pound one's chest. When you're a 33-year-old 6' white guy who isn't super-fast and whose only semblance of glory was trying out for an NCAA D-II squad, you take whatever molecular scraps of glory head your way before their ephmerality causes them to disintegrate. And, trust me, there's surely a classic 1/15 stinker-of-a-night from downtown coming up soon, surely, when my cohorts will say Just play D and screen, Eric. Note that I won't be posting about that when such a night occurs, but will remain suspiciously silent about the entire affair --- we have an image, a carefully doctored and, shall we say, "nuanced" image to keep here at PP!

[Final note --- there is a not-too-subtle 80's reference in here. Can you find it?]

3 Comments:

Blogger Camden said...

Don't turn around, uh oh...

Sunday, December 18, 2005 8:15:00 PM  
Blogger Pedantic Protestant said...

Very good! You win the prize.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger Pedantic Protestant said...

Are you Camden from Sola Gratia? That's one nice site you guys have.

Monday, December 19, 2005 1:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home