Thursday, December 29, 2005

Meanie Village Atheists and Pinatas [Excursus on Twenty Leaky Buckets]

Once upon a time, an atheist was mean to me. He denigrated me in the name of Reason.

Atheists are a nasty lot. One of them cut me off on the freeway.

I knew a Freethinker who beat his wife. Atheism is misogynistic.

I see through atheistic communism's lie of equality when I compare the life of the proletariat with those of the commissars.

When I see people die under communist regimes, I know that atheism is cruel and murderous.

Atheism scares children by telling them that they're particles and by not providing an objective justification for right and wrong.

Some atheists practice the dictum "to make an omelette, you have to break some eggs."

One village atheist I knew was sexually repressed and couldn't perform in the bedroom due to her inhibitions.

Bertrand Russell's book has a spelling error on page 32 of my copy of Why I Am Not a Christian.

Some atheists support big-government routines to guarantee "equality" and "justice." They want to make my life their business.

When I see Christians persecuted by atheist regimes, I know that atheism must be false.

******

Aren't those sorts of arguments above pretty silly if I'm trying to talk to an atheist? Seriously speaking, don't you feel as if you need a shower after reading those polemical words against atheism? Upon hearing such anti-atheist arguments, can you not feel your IQ drop a few points, as if you had just watched a three-hanky episode of Oprah?

But our pamphleteer in the Twenty Leaky Buckets series makes those same types of arguments in the cause of deconverting Christians. He makes them with a straight face, shamelessly and boldly.

******

So far, he has not impacted the historical or metaphysical evidence for the Christian religion, despite presenting fifteen arguments. While reading and commenting on his attempts to get at the heart of the evidence for the religion, the image that comes to my mind is that of an uncoordinated and blindfolded kid trying to whack a pinata. However, the kid is facing the wrong direction, and he keeps whacking himself on the back of the head due to an excessive backswing.

2 Comments:

Blogger lycaphim said...

Come to think of it, those "arguments" you posted are good for something- annoying atheists.

Thursday, December 29, 2005 4:46:00 AM  
Blogger Pedantic Protestant said...

No desire on this end to annoy them for the sake of annoying them.

There are principled agnostics and atheists I can respect. They think the evidence isn't sufficient. Now I disagree with them, but at least we're speaking the same language or on the same playing field.

The sociological arguments irk me, as you can tell.

Thursday, December 29, 2005 11:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home